May Favorite Things
See all my other favorite things lists here and skip to the bottom to get quick links to everything!
1. H+M Watercolor Peplum Top. I am always looking for cute tops that are appropriate for work but that I also will want to wear outside of work because, let’s face it, I’m not spending money on something I can only wear half the time! I love peplum tops because it balances out my big hips and this bright + fun print is great for summer.
2. Luke Bryan “Spring Break…Checkin’ Out” Mixtape. Late to the party on this one, I know, but I didn’t get a chance to download this until recently. I love these mix tapes, they are perfect for the start of summer. Fave tracks 1, 2, 3 + 9.
3. The Body Shop Honey Bronze. This has replaced the bronzer I had been using forever that I mentioned on my last favorite things post. This is hands down the most amazing stuff ever. Two things to watch out for – the smell is super strong when you put it on, it goes away and 2nd.. put lotion on first before this to help it blend easier. Seriously though, go get a bottle and enjoy… I have the honey kissed shade!
4. Plated-Collar Trapeze Dress. I love a plain dress that has one thing about it that makes a statement. This dress is the simplest black halter dress but the metal bar that clasps at the neck makes the whole thing! This dress was $15 too which you seriously can’t beat. I love that the metal is all the accessory you need, I didn’t wear a single pair of jewelry when I wore this out.
5. VS Pink Tie Dye Tanks. In the summer I live for lightweight tank tops that I can use for many different things. I love these tye dye cut off tanks because I can wear them to the gym, as a cover up on the beach and they’re super comfy to sleep in as well. There’s lot of colors to choose from and are part of their 2 for $30 mix + match.
6. The MMQB. I have always been a fan of sports and into more of the feature side of them. I love E:60 and the longer articles on Grantland, etc. This website is all feature articles…. all sports really but mostly football and they do more personal stories which I love reading!
7. NYX Matte Liquid Liner. This stuff is life-changing. It is crazy cheap and hands down the best liquid liner I have ever tried (and yes I’ve tried a lot!). It’s got a super fine tip which makes it really easy to do a winged liner and it seriously lasts forever. I went to bed with my makeup on over Memorial Day weekend and woke up the next morning with it perfectly intact like I had just done it! I love pairing this with the next item on the list.
8. Ardell Demi Wispies. I don’t wear false lashes very often but when I do I don’t really like to wear crazy ones, so these are perfect. They add volume and length but still look somewhat natural which I love. I get the 4 pack at walmart for $7 and use Duo’s black eyelash glue. The next item on the list helps a ton too if you have a hard time getting lashes on!
9. Ulta Lash Placement Tool. If you have a hard time applying falsies, this helps a ton! The curved edge makes it super easy to place the lashes on and the rubber on the inside allows you to squeeze it down to your natural lash line so that it doesn’t look like you’re wearing falsies!
10. Forever21 Open Back Tie Dye Dress. This dress combines all of my favorite things for summer – tie dye, super comfy/wrinkle free fabric and an open back. I have been living in this dress it is so comfortable and perfect for the 90+ degree days we have been having. I throw a sunwashed cropped jean jacket on over it at night when it cools down and it’s perfect!
11. Goody Curl Clips. I use these to hold my curls while they cool and it has been life-changing especially in the summer when my curls don’t seem to hold for longer than 2 seconds after stepping outside. I just slide my curls off, roll them up towards my head and
secure with these then take them out once I’m done doing my makeup. The curls are so much better to begin with and they stay all day without any hairspray or anything!
12. Isaac Mizrahi Matte Round Sunglasses. These were a TJ Maxx find and I love these because they’re so different.
13. Nars Orgasm Illuminator. This is awesome for summer because it does double duty… it combines Nars’ orgasm blush with their liquid illuminator. I hate wearing makeup in the summer so most days I’ll use Smashbox’s Photo Finish Luminizing Primer as a base and then this on my cheeks and that’s it!
14. Sheebani Flash Tattoos. I had mentioned these in a past list but I have been using them so much I had to mention them again. I love to cut these apart and use them like crazy on the weekends in the summer. I have a fun time experimenting with different placements and I always get stopped and asked about them when I’m out!
15. NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe. This has replaced the Anastasia brow pencil I mentioned in this list. I just can’t spend that much on something like this and I swear the NYX one works just as good if not better!
16. A$AP Rocky ” At.Long.Last. A$AP. ” Fave tracks 2, 8, 15 +18.
17. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. You know I have had A LOT of mascaras on past lists but I needed something cheap that worked just as well and OMG is this the one! This stuff is incredible… I’ll just show you this pic, left side of the pic with it on and
right without – this stuff is crazy good!
18. Maybelline FitMe Concealer. I have seen a lot of YouTube beauty/makeup gurus sing the praises of Nars Creamy Concealer for years but I could never justify spending $30 on something that you use every day and would need to replace often. I recently discover Nicole Guerriera (late to the party I know but she is AMAZING!!) and she uses this. This stuff is insanely good and so so cheap… I use the 10 light shade to highlight and am obsessed!
20. Michael Kors Robin Calf-Hair Clutch. My mom and I went shopping in Niagara Falls a few week ago and when we spotted this we both knew I had to have it! I love clutches like this with the buckle straps because it makes it easy to carry. I also love the print and the fact that you it converts into a purse with a shoulder strap if you need it!
21. Jordan Flight 9.5 in Wolf Grey/White/Dark Grey Colorway. I have a LOT of jordan sneakers (see below and then shame me please lol) but these are one of my favorites!
22. NYX Orange Under Eye Concealer. If you have dark under-eye circles, this will change your life! The orange color cancels out the purple… I wear it under #18 on this list and it totally gets rid of my under eye circles!
23. Riley Curry. This girl is my hero! I posted the tweet below a couple weeks ago and the more they showed her the more I feel like she is my alter ego haha!! Click on the quick link below to see her best moments.
24. Nikon Mini Blaster Bluetooth Speaker. This actually was one of my husband’s Christmas gifts from my parents and we are constantly stealing it from one another, lol. This thing is amazing for golf, the beach, listening to music while getting ready, etc. The best part about it is that it is that the music plays in the direction that it’s pointing and has great sound quality but it doesn’t play all around. So it’s great for the golf course because you’re not bothering anyone else… same thing for our back patio because it’s not too loud for our neighbors, etc!
1 (not online)
5 (sold out online, these are similar)
10 (currently on sale for $10!)
19 (got these at Nike Outlet, can also get here)
20 (got this at MK outlet, mostly sold out online)
22 (orange color not online, but is in stores!)