I am happy to say we have FINALLY dug out from the monster storm that has us stuck in our home for 5 days. Yesterday, the driving ban was lifted and I was like William Wallace in Braveheart screaming FREEEEDOM while running for the door.
I will admit, the snow looks a little pretty now that it’s all over but as we made our way out on to the roads for the first time in almost a week, it was pretty eerie. The snow from the roads that had been plowed was SO high, you couldn’t even see the buildings. The only way you could get to where you needed to go was guess you were in the right area and look for the little gaps in the snow banks to pull in. I FINALLY got to the gym which was like being a kid in a candy store… even more so because I basically had the place to myself!
Long story short, I feel like a human being again after being able to rejoin the world. I thought now would be a good time to do a post with some last minute inspiration, as that’s what I am in need of myself! Also, if any of you have a fantastic pumpkin pie recipe, share it in the comments below or email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org). It’s my brother’s favorite and I want to try a new recipe this year!
Links to the posts can be found by clicking on the photo credits below the picture sets!
Let’s start with some decor:
1. I am loving the colorful and unique way this pumpkin looks with succulents added to it. Save some time and use plastic ones glued to the top + use it as a chic centerpiece!
2. Make a garland out of pinecones and dress up a mantle or your entryway, it’s a cool ( + inexpensive) way to spruce things up.
3. I am doing something similar for our Christmas mantle + I just love how cool candles look wrapped in birch bark!
4. This wreath is seriously adorable in its simplicity and I love how it relays the message of what Thanksgiving is really all about.
5. I’m a sucker for anything involving leaves and this looks incredible!
6. This folded leaf garland looks awesome and is a very inexpensive way to decorate.
Now let’s move on to the table:
1. This table setting is absolutely to-die-for, it’s so crazy + unexpected and I love it.
2. Love the simplicity of this burlap table runner tied with a string… also love the pop of yellow!
3. This is what we did for our tailgating themed anniversary dinner and I love how easy it is but how cool it looks. Brown butcher paper with everyone’s names written in a black sharpie!
4. All you need for these adorable place cards is some rosemary sprigs, come card stock + a pen!
5. Love the idea of of using unconventional items as place cards, like this decorated apple!
6. Use rosemary sprigs tied with kitchen twine into a wreath on top of burlap.
Remember, if you need any crafts or recipes, check them out at my Thanksgiving Pinterest Board!