My Favorite Things in October
1. Jason Aldean Old Boots, New Dirt Album. I had mixed feelings when the singles were being released for this album but once I got the whole track listing I couldn’t love this cd any more!!Favorite tracks = 2, 3, 4, 7 +14.
2. Gel Manicures. I got my first one at the beginning of last month but wanted to hold off to see how it went before adding it here…. oh my god these are life changing. Mine last for 3 weeks (I just had my third one done) and they don’t chip or fade AT ALL. For me, when I would do regular manicures or get ones done they would start chipping after 2 days and would drive me crazy. The first one I got OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, the second one was Gelish Inner Vixen and my latest one is Gelish Bellas Vampire. Here’s a pic of my first one when I first got it done, after 1 week, 2 weeks and then right before I got my next one (pretty grown out but still looking good!) Click on the photo to view it larger.
3. Threshold Organic Cotton Blankets. These have been perfect for fall, they’re lightweight but very warm without being too bulky. We have the twin sized one in Clownfish Orange and I love the herringbone design.
4. Fire Light Chai Tea Bags. I have tried a lot of chai teas and so far this is my favorite. I like to steep some in a tiny bit of water (1/4 cup) then out 1 cup unsweetened almond milk in a jar and heat it up for a minute 30 sec then put the top on and shake it up. I pour the milk with foam from shaking it into the tea and add 1 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup and then top it with 1/4 c cool whip free for the best chai latte!
5. Threshold Copper Plated Cocktail Shaker. This was such a great find, I love anything copper or rose gold so this was awesome on clearance at Target for under $10! It makes cocktails so much colder too with the copper-plating and it’s great for fall.
6. Limited Edition Clif Bars. These are my go-to when I need to head to the gym but haven’t had the time to make or eat a snack. These limited edition ones for fall are SO good. The spiced pumpkin pie and the iced gingerbread ones are my fave but the pecan pie one is great too!
7. Chanel Vitalumére Foundation in Clair. I have been using Chanel’s Perfection Lumière foundation for a couple years now and when my bottle ran out this week I intended to just re-up with the same one but am so happy I got try this one out because it’s perfect for me! I have super dry skin, especially in the fall/winter months and this has moisturizer in it making it blend in perfectly without making my skin look dry. It’s super thin coverage so it wouldn’t be a good option if you need lots of coverage. I love the glowing/dewy look it gives my skin without looking like I have tons of makeup on, you can see how well it blends in the picture on the side, don’t mind the dumb face I’m making, lol.
8. Florida Georgia Line Anything Goes Album. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good this cd was, it had been so long since their last one and I didn’t know how it was going to follow up. It’s not the deepest album but there’s lots of feel good tracks that I LOVE listening to while doing my cardio at the gym and when I’m getting ready to go out. Fave tracks = 1,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 + 11.
9. Bath + Body Works Walk in the Woods Soap. I love the smell of this, it’s masculine which I like. I also have the antibacterial gel and keep that in my purse.
10. Hot Tools 24K Gold 1 1/4″ Curling Iron. I think I put this on one of my lists a while back but I recently had to replace it (don’t run water on your curling iron to cool it down, it will get inside the barrel, haha) and wanted to include it again. I take the kickstand off, remove the screws and take the flipper off and then put the screws back in and replace the kickstand so I can use it as a wand. I have tried hot tool’s flipperless wands in the ceramic and gold versions and neither work as well as making your own from their curling irons!! I love that it makes these soft waves (see the pic) and they last all day/night!
11. Carmex Click Sticks. I’ve professed my love for Carmex lip balm on here many times but as my nails get longer with the gel manicures, i hate using the pots of carmex because it gets under my nail. I love these click stix for the colder months because they’re easier to use and much more convenient!
12. Threshold Copper Plated Measuring Cups and Spoons. We got these at the same time we got the copper-plated shaker and I love them!
13. The North Face Mossbud Swirl Insulated Jacket. I have about 20 wool dress coats (I get one or two each year and have done a great job keeping them looking like new over the years) but have a hard time finding athletic ones I like. This one is perfect because it’s not super bulky but it is SO warm. The inside is lined with faux fur and it’s insulated so it’s perfect for the fall/early winter months.
14. Xhiliration Shae Ballet Flat in Taupe. I love these for work because they literally match with anything… plus at $16 you can’t go wrong!
15. Old Navy Leggings. I live in these this time of year. I love wearing them with oversized sweaters or with a tank top and a super long old man cardigan. They wash up well and are super comfy.
16. Snyder’s Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks. I don’t have any issues with gluten, honestly I got these so that I could have twice as many pretzels and have it still be the same calories. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them, they are SUPER crunchy and solo good, they’re a win, win!
17. Nike C72 Legend 2.0 Gym Bag in Black / Hyper Pink / Hyper Pi. I have been going right from work to the gym lately which requires me bringing a lot of stuff with me and I didn’t have a bag to carry it all in. This is great because there’s two big zippered compartments (I put my shoes on one side and my clothes on the other) and a small zippered compartment where I keep my arm band, headphones, hair ties + bands, my lock + a comb. It’s fairly small so I don’t feel like I’m lugging around a duffle bag but it’s big enough to fit everything I need.
18. Taylor Swift 1989 Deluxe Album. This is my guilty pleasure album and I guess I have no shame admitting it. Fave tracks = 7, 9, 11, 14 +15 (the last two are only available on the deluxe version but I think they’re the best ones!).
19. Buffalo Sabres Digital Camo Jersey. I got this on clearance for $40 in the kid’s section at the Sabre’s store and had it customized with the name and number on the back. I love the camo and the front has a cool black + white logo that I love.
20. Showtime’s The Affair. I watched this for Pacey Whiter (aka Joshua Jackson) and am really loving it the storyline/mystery that it’s bringing so far. I know it’s only 3 episodes in but so far I’m liking having a new series to watch.