My Instalife 6/20 -7/8
1. My parents came up for the weekend a couple of weeks ago and my husband, dad and I went golfing one afternoon while my mom was at a baby shower. We got so lucky with the weather as it was perfect for golfing!
2. That same night after golfing we went out to dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants, Mulberry’s, and then headed down to the beach bar by our house. We had some drinks and watched the sunset right on the beach while a great band played… it was the perfect end to a perfect day.
3. After my parents left Sunday morning, we headed down to canal side to soak up some more perfect weather. This winter was one of the worst I can ever remember so this recent weather has almost made up for it! We got ice cream cones and sat on the water before heading over to grab some drinks at the Pearl Street Brewery.
4. These were all of my supplies to build my flower crown, get the full DIY post here!
5. This is one of my favorite things to make. I drain a can of chickpeas and toss them in 1 tsp olive oil, some paprika, salt and pepper & roast them for about 20 minutes until crispy. I make a cobb salad with romaine, tomatoes, a hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, avocado, blue cheese crumbles and the roasted chickpeas. I make a dressing out of dijon mustard with balsamic vinegar and voila a healthy and delicious salad! I pack mini versions of this for lunch a lot too!
6. This was a sneak peek of my reverse tie-die shirts! Get the full DIY post and see the finished products here.
1. Here’s what my flower crown looked like when it was all finished, I am still in love with this DIY.
2. Our farmer’s market has the best asparagus. I keep it in a stock container with a little water in our fridge so that it lasts longer. I like to drizzle it with a touch of olive oil, some minced fresh garlic, salt & pepper and roast it at 400 under tender.
3. This is my new lap top which I cannot say enough great things about, you can read more about it and why I got it here!
4. I pulled this incredible recipe out of the archives and if you weren’t following me when I first posted on it, do yourself a favor and check it out now! This is a chai tea cake topped with a confectioner’s sugar glaze and pistachios and it is the perfect weekend treat!
5. We get fantastic locally picked strawberries at our farmer’s market but now they have finally made their way to our local grocery store which makes it even more convenient to get them!
6. If you missed my post last week, be sure to check out how you can DIY Chipotle’s Corn Salsa and Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette!
1. This PB2 is one of 20 of my favorite items from last month. See the whole list here!
2. Here’s a shot of the fireworks on the fourth of July over Chautauqua Lake. We walked down to the beach from my parents house with them, my niece, my brother and their dog. Well, my niece didn’t do much walking, she played the cute card and my husband gave her a piggy back ride which “was a really good thing because that was a long walk” according to her!
3. Our dogs, Weezy & Sebastian, we SO tuckered out when we got back from the long weekend at my parents!
4. When I made my Chai Pistachio Morning Cake, I used the Tea Company’s masala chai loose tea and it was the best one I’ve made in a long time!
5. These are my reverse tie dye shirts! You can get the DIY post here … all you need it some old t-shirts/tanks, rubber bands and bleach!
6. I have been obsessed with turning smoothies into popsicles since I made the peach banana version, so we have been experimenting with different flavors. These are my latest – 1/2 cup greek vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup blueberries, 1 1/2 cups strawberries & 1 tbsp orange honey.