My Favorite Things in May
See my past favorite things posts here!
1. Polo Women’s Oxford Slim Fit Button Downs. I have this shirt in every single color it comes in, including all the striped versions. They are the most versatile shirt ever… I wear mine tucked in with slacks for work, untucked with slim fit pants for casual Fridays, tied up in a crop-top style with cut off shorts or maxi skirts and even wear them open with shorts as a bathing suit cover up. They wash up so well and even the ones I’ve had for over 10 years look just like new!
2. Michael Kors Charm Jelly Flats. I got a pair of these last spring and wore them to death through the summer. I picked up a new pair this year in sapphire and am thinking of grabbing a few other colors. They’re great because they hold up so well and they go with just about everything!
3. Dole Strawberry Dippers. My husband and I had been hand making versions of these with banana slices, a touch of peanut butter, dark chocolate and sea salt but these pre-made ones are soooo much easier. They come in a bunch of different fruits, but I like these because they have the least amount of calories. My husband likes his frozen, I like them totally thawed out!
4. Coach Fawna Suede Pumps. I got these at the outlet for an insane deal (like they were $285 retail and I paid $40 insane kind of deal). I love these because they’re perfect for work but also look really cute with boyfriend jeans, gotta love versatility, and this greenish/gray colors makes them match with just about everything!
5. Quaker Real Medleys Cherry Pistachio Bars. These are to die for, I keep a box at my desk at work because it’s the perfect mid-morning or afternoon pick me up! I like these not just because they’re a healthier option to most granola bars but because the chunks of cherries combined with the pistachios makes for an amazing combo. They also make these “real medley” flavors in oatmeal that my co-worker gets and she says they’re great too!
6. Domaine de Paris Rose Wine. I have been on the hunt for the perfect rose wine for the last couple of months. So far, this is my favorite. It’s great with a lot of different things which I love, it pairs the best with seafood!
7. Nike Tempo Running Shorts. I really love these shorts, I have them in quite a few colors & prints as well, these are my most recent ones. I love them for running but also for bumming around in the summer. They’re lightweight and comfortable and with all the different styles it fits anyones personality!
8. Essie “Vanity Fairest” & “Chills and Thrills” Nail Polish. I can never find the perfect base for a french pedicure, I’ve been struggling for years since I paint my own nails. I had been using OPI’s “Passion” for the longest time but when it ran out, I looked for something different. I picked this up and LOVE it! The blue color is from their neon collection and is to-die-for. I paint my nails with OPI “Alpine” first and then two coats of this and it is so bright and vibrant!
** 9. iTunes Playlist May Faves. See my top 25 favorite songs for this past month below!
10. Chipotle. I’m going to be honest when I tell you I never liked Chipotle before. I’m a Moe’s girl and tried Chipotle once and hated it. We went back a few weeks ago when my work was having a free promotion and I LOVED it. I can’t stop going and getting their chicken salad bowls. In fact, be on the lookout because I’m going to be doing some DIY versions of their recipes soon!
11. Under Armour Herringbone Headbands. I’ve had several different versions of these kind of headbands on my past fave things list (and will have more on this one), I just can’t get enough. I love that these look like friendship bracelets!
12. French Vanilla K-Cups. These have always been my favorite K-Cups. I recently brought our Keurig to work so we could all use it there (we never used it here) and I have one of these each afternoon after lunch with a packet of Truvia!
13. Rachel Roy Messenger Bag Purse. I bought this last summer and recently brought it out again for this season. I LOVE this for summer for so many reasons. It goes with everything, it’s nice looking but the vinyl on the flap makes it more casual. The long strap makes it so that I don’t have to carry a purse in my hand and it fits a lot while being compact.
14. Waterproof Playing Cards. We discovered these after many nights playing cards out on my parents deck. You know how summer goes, drinks get spilled, you’re swimming, eating, etc and the cards get ruined and bent, etc. These are plastic making them virtually indestructible and I LOVE them!
15. Luigi’s Lemon Italian Ice Cups. I have loved these for as long as I can remember, and nothing says summer like these! When it’s hot at night, I loved having one of these to cool off and the fact that each cup is just 100 calories is always a plus for dessert!
16. La Foret des Dames Sancerre. Do I sound like a lush yet? Lol. You may remember this from my scallops and shaved salad dish and it’s the perfect crisp clean wine for summer.
17. AE Contrast Trim V-Neck Tanks. I’m obsessed with shirts like these for summer, they’re comfortable and lightweight and fro perfect with a pair of jeans or cut offs.
18. GQ. My husband has been subscribed to this for years but I have never read it. While we were at the beach over the weekend, I was fresh out of fashion magazines to read so I picked this up and it’s full of great things not just for men! My fave thing from this month’s issue was how to build the perfect home bar, I can’t wait to shop for specialty bitters and experiment with some recipes!
19. Anastasia Brow Pencil. I’ve been using this for a long time but as summer is here and I’m wearing less and less make up (a CC cream, a little bronzer, some mascara and this) I realize how amazing it is. This is a double-sided pencil with a brush on one side and a pencil on the other. It fills in my brows without looking like I drew them on, it’s a bit pricey but well worth it as I’m still using the first one I ever bought.
20. Local Farmer’s Market. I can’t speak highly enough of local farmer’s markets. Not only do we like to support local businesses and eat healthy, but you honestly would be shocked at how much you save on food that’s so much fresher! Yesterday we went and got: 6 bell peppers, 2 red onions, a quart of tomatoes, a quart of baby red potatoes, a pound of local orange honey, a quart of blueberries, 2 pints of blackberries, a quart of strawberries, 3 oranges and 5 ears of corn… for $25.
** May 2015 Top 25 Playlist:
Dustin Lynch Where It’s At
Rascal Flatts I Like the Sound of That
Eric Paslay Song About a Girl
Florida Georgia Line People Back Home
Boyz II Men Better Half
Sam Smith Stay With Me
Dj Khaled, Meek Mill, Jay Z, Rick Ross & French Montana They Don’t Love You No More
Rascal Flatts Riot
Joe Nichols Yeah
Gavin DeGraw Who’s Gonna Save Us
Wakey!Wakey! Almost Everything
Rascal Flatts Payback
50 Cent & Trey Songz Smoke
Brantley Gilbert Lights of My Hometown
Jerrod Neimann Cant Give in Anymore
Lupe Fiasco Mission
Easton Corbin Clockwork
Hunter Hayes You Think You Know Somebody
Jason Mraz Long Drive
Rascal Flatts Rewind
DJ Snake, Lil Jon, Juicy J and 2Chainz Turn Down For What Remix
Sam Smith Leave Your Lover
FGL, Jason Derulo & Luke Bryan This Is How We Roll Remix
Lana Del Ray Brooklyn Baby
Ed Sheeran All of the Stars