Instalife 1/11 – 2/28
Find & follow me on Instagram to see these pictures in real time and, as always, click on a set of photos to enlarge them!
1. This was a little haul I got at the beginning of the year from Marshalls… all this for $30, can’t beat that!
2. We have been stuck in the longest, most brutal winter that I can remember, it’s miserable. We have started to make meals to trick us into thinking warm! We made a version of our Heirloom Tomato Confit with Shrimp and it reminded us of our time in Miami last summer! Get the recipe here.
3. This is the finished product of the gold-dipped lamp that we made. I am still SO in love with this lamp… the fact that we made it from a glass vase by ourselves is just icing on the cake! Get the DIY here.
4. If you missed my favorite things list from January, make sure you check it out… it’s chock full of awesome things and I’ll be posting my next list on Monday!
5. I recently found some amazing washi tape at Joann’s and was so excited to give my desktop computer’s keyboard a facelift! You can see how I did it here, where I did myMacBooks keyboard!
6. This recipe was listed in my Super Bowl recipe round up, potato skins mac and cheese, and it was the one we chose to make ourselves! We changed a bunch of things and it was AMAZING! I’ll be posting on it soon!
1. I thought these fabric envelopes were so cute, not just for Valentine’s Day but for any holiday! Get the DIY here.
2. We make these little flatbreads all the time, especially on nights when we get back from the gym and want something easy and healthy to make. It’s a great way to use up whatever is in the fridge, get the recipe here.
3. Sebastian watches Weezy like a hawk whenever she has a treat, hoping she’ll tire and he can swoop in and steal it. Maybe if he didn’t eat his own treat so quickly, he wouldn’t have to worry about hers!
4. My work schedule allows me to spend some time with the dogs in the mornings and it’s one of my favorite parts of the day!
5. This was the clay jewelry dish that I made for our bedroom as a replacement for the ring bearers bowl we had at our wedding. It was also the prize for my latest giveaway, which has just ended… I’ll be announcing the winner tomorrow! Get the DIY for the dish here.
6. Do yourself a favor and try Francois Payard’s Beet Creme Brulee recipe, my post on it can be found here.
1. If you need a little cuteness overload for your weekend, check out my Puppy Love Valentine post!
2. My mother-in-law is so sweet, sent this adorable necklace with my twitter name on it. I thought it was the coolest thing… you can get one here.
3. Sebastian turned four on the 13th… I can’t believe he’s for already!
4. We made these last summer for the first time and it is seriously to-die-for. It’s so easy – a piece of fish with some veggies on top, a little butter, some lemon and thyme all in a little parchment packet… it is SO flavorful and the fish just flakes apart! Get the recipe here.
6. I have had the cutest idea for a baby quilt for a long time and I finally have an occasion to make it! These are some of the pieces from when I started cutting… 100 pieces all together! I have started sewing the top together and I can’t wait to share it with you once I’m finished!