I love cosmopolitans and a few years ago I discovered the “white cosmo” which is really just a cosmo made with white cranberry juice instead of red cranberry juice. I thought that with the proper garnish I could turn this in to the ultimate holiday drink. The bright green and sugary red from the mint and cranberry garnish look gorgeous in the white liquid and since the drink is clear you can serve it to your guests and not have to worry if anything gets spilled. The taste isn’t all that different from a regular cosmo but I will say I love eating the tart crisp cranberries once I’ve finished the drink!
1. Make the sugared cranberries for the garnish by rolling a few cranberries in some water and then in some granulated sugar.
2. Skewer the end of a piece of mint, then a cranberry, followed by the other end of the mint leaf. Add a cranberry in the center and then repeat with another mint leaf and cranberry.
3. Fill a shaker with ice and add 3/4 a shot of vodka.
4. Add in 3/4 shot triple sec.
5. Add in 1/2 shot white cranberry juice.
6. Shake until the outside of the shaker is frosted and then pour into a martini glass and garnish with the cranberries and mint leaves.