My Favorite Things in September
1. Breaking Bad. I put the show on my first list in July when I started watching it, frantically trying to catch up before the final 8 episodes starting airing. I thought this last season was great… it was bold, dark and exhilarating. I was so nervous about how it all would end and after watching the finale on Sunday night I have to say it was PERFECTION. I loved how it ended, I loved how Vince Gilligan made sure to tie up every single loose end (I won’t even get started on how angry I was with the Dexter finale) and I think it was probably the most satisfying finale to a series I have watched. I’m sad that it’s over but I think from start-to-finish this show was just perfect.
2. Nike + iPhone App. Last month I mentioned I was having issues with Run Keeper and switched to Map My Run, which was working better for me but after one of my readers suggested I try the Nike + App it was like discovering gold lol. I love so many things about it this app, mostly that the GPS works better than any app I tried previous. I love the option for power songs, the way it checks the weeks forecast for you and suggests the best days for a run, that you can set challenges and goals, it has so many options that you can get as in depth or as basic as you want.
3. Justin Timberlake on Jimmy Fallon. I have mentioned them a couple of times in my instalife posts and you all know how obsessed I am with JT but the two of them together this month on JF’s show was awesome. Entertainment Weekly did a brief history of their bromance HERE and their Evolution of Endzone Dances skit was my favorite but I also couldn’t stop laughing at the Hashtag Video too!
4. Sourdough Hard Pretzels. When I was growing up my grandma always had a bag of these at her house and we loved them! I totally forgot about them until we were in the grocery store a few weeks ago and saw them. I love them with some Weber’s horseradish mustard!
5. Yankee Candle’s Apple Cider Tart. I’ve mentioned my love for their tart burners before and my favorite scents change from week-to-week and year-to-year since there are so many! I’m currently loving this scent!
6. Essie’s “Cashmere Bathrobe” Nail Polish. In the summer I’m always wearing crazy bright colors on my nails but in the fall I’m stuck on dark grays and blacks and browns. I’m currently loving this one, it’s a dark gray with flecks of silver glitter in it… it matches with everything with makes it a good pick for me for fall!
7. Some tracks on Big Sean’s “Hall of Fame”. I had high hopes for this album after hearing some tracks but it fell short of what I expected. Some tracks I REALLY didn’t like but the ones that I do like, I REALLY like so tracks 5, 6, 7, 14 &15 make the list!
8. Drake’s “Nothing Was the Same”. I know most people think Drake is overrated but I have been listening to him since long before people had heard of him and I still enjoy him. This album did not disappoint and tracks 2, 12 & 13 are my favorites.
9. John Legend’s “Love in the Future”. I knew this album was going to be good when I heard the first track on the Grey’s Anatomy finale back in May. It’s a great album to play in the background while working or reading… tracks 2 & 14 are my favorites.
10. Justin Timberlake’s “20/20 Experience Part II”. Even though it’s my belief that this man can do no wrong, I was expecting this cd to be a compilation of tracks that weren’t good enough to make part 1 but that couldn’t be further from the case. I think he summed it up best when he said part 2 was like part 1’s “sexy older sibling”. Tracks 2, 4 & 7 are my favorites.
11. Celestial Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Black Tea. I think this must be new for this year because I get their seasonal teas every fall & winter and hadn’t seen this one before. I tend to drink tea at night and thus can only have ones without caffeine but I couldn’t resist trying this one when I saw it. It is SO good (very sweet though) that I have been replacing my coffee some mornings with it and using it as a pick-me-up in the afternoon on long work days!
12. Tazo Baked Cinnamon Apple Tea. I finished my last box of tea (the wild sweet orange one from two lists ago) and decided to give this one a go for my next box. It’s like apple pie in a mug and since it’s decaffeinated I have this at night with a little splash of soy or almond milk.
13. Becker Farms. This place was suggested to us as a great place to go in the fall and we had the opportunity to go there for their fall festival this past weekend. The weather was incredible, 70 and sunny and seriously not a cloud in the sky. This place is fantastic… they have a brewery, a winery, a bakery, pumpkin and apple picking, animals, bbq’s, you name it! We enjoyed some Octoberfest beers, fresh apple cider and fresh-baked donuts and we picked our own apples too!
14. Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk. I keep reading that if you don’t drink regular milk then it’s good to switch between soy, almond and rice milks so I tried almond milk for the first time last month. I tried the regular kind first and it was so sweet I didn’t like it at all but once I tried the unsweetened version I loved it!
15. Melissa McCarthy. We watched Identity Thief a few weeks ago and after laughing through the entire thing decided to watch Heat too and it was just as funny thanks to Melissa. Even though she basically plays the same role in both movies, she’s so funny I didn’t mind. They replayed her SNL episode (which we hadn’t seen) before the new one this past weekend and we were literally crying we were laughing so hard. The basketball skit mocking the rutgers coach was the funniest thing I’d seen in a long time and watching her break it down in the ham contest was just as funny!
16. Phillip Lim 3.1 & Target Collaboration. I wrote about this in my Instalife post so I won’t be repetitive but I am still loving this tote!
17. Flipping Out and Interior Therapy. Talk about late to the party but I hadn’t watched Flipping Out before and only started watching Interior Therapy because bravo was playing old episodes one morning in the background while I was working in our kitchen. We got so in to Interior Therapy that we decided to start watching the old seasons of Flipping Out and now we are hooked! We are about halfway through season 3 and love it!
18. Victoria’s Secret PINK Mix & Match Favorites. This year VS has a mix & match special with all their 2 for $40 and a couple weeks ago I got these faux leather leggings, these aztec print leggings and some colors of these off-the-shoulder long sleeve shirts. I already know I’m going to end up getting these in every color because they are SO comfy and can be worn in endless combinations. I also love that this can be a super casual outfit or I can dress it up (I wore the leather leggings & grey shirt out the other night with heels and a big chain).
19. iOS 7.0.2. Aside from the fact that it drains my battery like crazy (and yes, I know this is a big con) I love the new software. I love the cleaner look, the camera options, the new male version of Siri, iTunes radio, etc.
20. Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels. We got these one night when we ordered take out for dinner since you get a deal on a bakery item with the rewards card. They were SO good the next morning with our coffee… the perfect balance of chewiness from the bread and crunchiness from the cinnamon topping!