1. This past Sunday marked the last Sunday without football until February and I could not be more excited. My husband and I are contributors for Pro Player Insiders and you can read more about my love affair with the game of football and get to know me much better by reading my first article HERE.
2. As I mention in THIS instalife post, Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I like mine grande with soy milk, no whipped cream and extra foam.
3. When I went to visit my Gramma last weekend ago to bring her THIS birthday card, she gave me this little tool set that she found at a garage sale for me. It’s all kinds of tools that are interchangeable with a single handle which is a godsend when you DIY a ton like me. I’m usually running around asking my husband “have you seen my pliers, do you know where the hammer is, where did we last have the screwdriver”, etc so having everything in this little zip up case is AMAZING! I can’t find it online (mostly because I don’t know what to call it) so if anyone knows where to get one, leave it in the comments so I can link to it!
4. I know I’m late to jump on the My Fitness Pal App bandwagon but for the beginning of the year I was keeping track of my food intake via Weight Watchers mobile. After hitting my goal weight in June, I took a couple months off from working out like crazy and canceled my membership to see if I could do it on my own without tracking every day. I am proud to say I not only maintained my weight (I lost a few more pounds but I’m guessing that was some muscle) but I was able to pick up right where we left off on our runs and weight lifting this past weekend. I don’t have that much trouble staying under my calorie limit for the day but what I love about My Fitness Pal is that it keeps me on track as far as balance of proportion between fat, carbs and protein. I try to make sure my chart is spot on everyday so that I know I’m matching up my fitness with my nutrition!
5. These Triscuits are to die for they are so good. I started off by finding the Dill, Sea Salt & Olive Oil ones and couldn’t get enough of them with hummus. The last time I went to the grocery store, they were out of that flavor so I tried the Rosemary & Olive Oil ones and those are great too!
6. I notice these new Honestly Good Lean Cuisines in the grocery store at the beginning of the month and decided to just try one to see how they were. They were almost double the price of the regular lean cuisine (they are all-natural with no preservatives) so I was thinking that they’d have to be pretty amazing to justify switching over and man are they. This grain crusted fish with a plum sauce is my favorite but I also love the lemongrass salmon one too. We eat frozen dinners a couple nights a week (when my husband is working nights) so the price isn’t as bad as it would be if we ate these every night.
7. I think Lee Corso is one of the funniest men on the planet so having him in all his headgear-glory back on my tv screen every Saturday morning during College Gameday had me smiling from ear-to-ear this weekend.
8. I used to LOVE cosmopolitans and for whatever reason I just stopped drinking them… probably because I started drinking wine and cosmos were a little too strong for an all-the-time kind of thing. I recently re-watched the Sex & the City series and just like the line in the movie said “why did I ever stop drinking these?” and have rediscovered my love for them!
9. My husband came in one afternoon at the beginning of the month and promptly stated “are they serious with these magazines?!” to which I squealed “the September issues are here!”. Although they are a pain to lug from your mailbox, I can’t get enough of the September issues of all the fashion magazines. Mine are already loaded up with post-it bookmarks and inspiration!
10. Every once and a while when my mom has a work appointment in town, she’ll come pick me up and we grab a quick lunch which is always nice. Last time we went to Panera and I had their new Chilled Shrimp & Soba Noodle Salad and it was DELICIOUS! I usually get the pick two with half a sandwich and half a salad but this is so good I just get the salad now!
11. My nails are awful, if they get any longer than nubs, they peel and take my nail polish with it. I thought it was because I’m always banging them while DIY-ing and cooking and baking and sewing but I decided to give OPI’s Nail Envy a shot. I know that the original one works better (having read all the reviews) but I just can’t put something with Formaldehyde on my nails, so I went with the Sensitive formula with doesn’t have that in it. When I first started using it and I went over a week without my nails peeling and breaking I knew it was amazing and after using it for a couple of weeks now, my nails are longer than they’ve ever been and still in one piece!
12. My parent’s best friends stayed with them a few months ago and left one of these Black Box wines at their house, which they then brought to our house and I couldn’t get over how good it was. I don’t consider myself a wine snob by any means but I do know what I like and what I don’t and this stuff is great! It’s $22 and has the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine in it making it a phenomenal deal. My favorite is the Sauvignon Blanc.
13. My musical taste is all over the place, if it’s good music then I love it… I’m not one to pick just one genre of music so the next three fave things will be my favorites from this past month. The first one is this amazing Gatsby CD where they took the movie’s soundtrack and had a jazz band recreate it into cocktail music. Some tracks are just instrumental and some have vocals and it is SO good.
14. I have loved Fall Out Boy since I was in high school so when I heard they were finally coming out with something new I was pretty excited. This cd gets me SO pumped up that it’s become my go-to playlist for runs and gym workouts… It makes me run faster and has me feeling liek hercules while lifting which is a great way to get through a workout but has me feeling SORE the next day! My fave tracks are 5, 6 &11.
15. The new Luke Bryan cd is seriously SO GOOD… it’s rare to find a whole cd from start to finish that you really enjoy and this is one of those for me. My fave tracks are 2, 5, 7, 9 & 13.
16. We just started running again after a couple month break where I only went a handful of times and I had previously been using RunKeeper to track all my runs but it got a little crazy the last few runs, giving ridiculous distances and paces and the GPS just seemed to stopped working. I downloaded Map My Run and am enjoying that a lot more.
17. I like to wash my own car… I like to dust and clean the whole inside first, then vacuum it, then wash the outside of it. My biggest problem has always been windows. It’s hard enough to get all the dog slobber off the back windows but no matter what I seemed to use on the windshield and windows, there were always streaks that drove me nuts. I sent away for a free sample of THESE invisible glass wipes and decided to give them a go the last time I washed my car and they are seriously amazing. All you have to do is use one side of the wipe to get any dirt and debris and then wipe again with the other side to clean the glass… it dries itself with no streaks at all! The two wipes that came in the free sample cleaned the inside and outside of all the windows and both windshields!
18. We took my dad to Toronto to the Yankee’s game as I mentioned in THIS instalife post and before we left we took him to the New Era Flagship Store so he could pick out a new hat. He ended up grabbing this Mariano Rivera retirement hat that I wanted SO badly but they didn’t have in my size.
19. I used to love getting our fall hand soaps from Yankee Candle because the scent in them is so strong and their pumpkin one smelled so good! The last couple years, they haven’t had them in stock so I have been getting them from Bath & Body Works since we get our all-year-round scents from there anyways. They have a similar one to the YC Pumpkin one called Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (the cute bottles are another plus) and I’m also loving the Bourbon Peach scent!
20. I know most people are trying to come to grips with the fact that summer is over but I am so excited for fall that I have already transitioned lol. My favorite tart this season is the Autumn Leaves one, I also have the Car Jar in this scent in my car!
What are some of your favorite things?