This will be my last post until June 24th as I am taking the week of to re-design the website and take an official “vacation” after the craziness that has been the last couple of months. You can get all the details in THIS post but here’s what you really need to know. After this there will be no new posts until mid-week and then the site will go offline for the re-design and I will send out a post when I’m back up and running. The Etsy shop is still closed and will be re-opened on July 1st!
Find me on Instagram HERE to see these pictures in real time and, as always, click on a set of photos to enlarge them! You can see what ‘m up to on Facebook, twitter and Instagram while I’m on the break!
1. Weezy is crazy these days, no matter how hot it is she still wants to be in her sweaters lol. Here she was napping on the couch in the morning last weekend.
2. My husband used to play for the Buffalo Bills and he recently went back and did some part time work in their ticket office. They held their team appreciation party last Saturday and my parents came up for a day at the stadium.
3. We were making our own hummus and didn’t have any tahini so we just ground up some sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle instead.
4. I was asked to make the dessert for a wedding that is today and so aside from prepping A LOT for the past few weeks and planning for the last couple of months, my kitchen looked like a bakery this week!
1. I had been dreaming of a beach day for a couple of weeks and once we got back from Miami I couldn’t wait to go (I know that sounds weird, I waited to get back from Miami to go to the beach lol). We went last Sunday for a couple of hours because that’s all I really had time for and while it was nice it just left me wanting more!
2. Did you see my designer DIY post for the Jimmy Choo Tassel necklace? Find the tutorial HERE, I’m really loving the versatility of this necklace!
3. Here’s some fresh cooked quinoa ready to be made in my Kale and Quinoa patties (find the recipe HERE).
4. Sebastian has been really attentive lately… he sat in the kitchen with me the entire day earlier in the week while I baked. It’s cute until I’m trying to do my ab workouts on our off days from the gym then he’s just too much haha.1. I made a bunch of batches of caramel for the wedding cupcakes ( one of the flavors is my Snicker’s ones, recipe found HERE). I hadn’t tried making caramel since we got our new professional sauce pans and OMG was it so much better this time around!
2. My mom used the last of the gift certificates we got her for Christmas to get us tickets to see Book of Mormon at Sheas on Wednesday. We went to dinner and got to catch up which was really nice and then headed over to the show. I had no idea what to expect, the only thing I knew about it was that it was written by the creators of south park. It was WILDLY inappropriate but so unbelievably funny and we really saw what all the fuss was about.
3. Every time I alter a dress that I buy in a store I tell my husband that if that was the only thing I ever did, the sewing machine would have paid for itself several times over. I love being able to shorten dresses and take them in (which is what I was doing this day for my dress for this weekend) for free and that way everything fits like a glove!
4. I made my dad the same card as last year for Father’s Day because I think they are hilarious and I love them. Find the tutorial HERE, you have plenty of time to make one before tomorrow!