My InstaLife: Week of 2-22 – 2/28
Find me on Instagram HERE to see these pictures in real time and, as always, click on a set of photos to enlarge them!
1. One of my favorite movies is How to Steal a Million and I watched it last weekend. I die for the lace mask and Givenchy dress in this scene where she meets Peter O’Toole’s character at the Ritz. I even have a black lace sleep mask I made that’s lined with a nude colored satin to mimic this.
2. On Saturday, my husband and I made Bolognese Sauce from scratch (get the recipe HERE) and handmade Pappardelli pasta (get the recipe HERE) for dinner. We’ve been enjoying the leftovers all week long!
3. This was the breakfast we made on Sunday morning (get the recipe HERE).
4. Weezy & my husband cuddling up on Sunday afternoon.
1. We had a very lazy Sunday… I never even changed out of my pajamas! I was noticing while we caught up on our DVR that the pattern on my PJ’s (find them HERE) match the pattern on our throw (find it HERE).
2. I got this oversized mug a few years ago at one of my wedding shower and I laugh every time I see it. I use it every morning for my cereal… I am obsessed with puffed rice cereal and granny smith apples. I can’t find a similar mug online right now which gives me a great idea for an upcoming DIY!
3. The tufted velvet headboard we made for our master bedroom… get the DIY HERE.
4. We were pulling out of our driveway on Monday afternoon to head to the gym and the way the sun was shining through the bare trees on the golf course was breathtaking! I had to jump out of the car and snap this pic!
1. You’re supposed to have miniature pinscher’s ears clipped when they are puppies but I couldn’t bear to do that to ours. Sebastian’s are SO big it makes me laugh every time he perks up. This was him during the week while we were watching the Villanova (my husband’s alma mater) basketball game.
2. I am absolutely infatuated with Keith Morrison, there are no words to describe how excited I get when it’s his turn to do that week’s episode of Dateline. The way he narrates the stories like they’re creepy old poems and the odd positions he takes while doing his stand ups (see a prime example HERE, it was even paraded on SNL) makes me giddy with excitement. My mom stayed the night at our house on Tuesday and she had to stop me from laughing hysterically at how he was sitting on a bench in the middle of the woods to point out he now was wielding a giant tree branch… it doesn’t get any better.
3. I had this engraved onto the back of my iPod when I got it six years ago. It comes from the song Sky’s the Limit by Notorious B.I.G and the line is “Only make moves when you’re heart’s in it and live the phrase ‘the sky’s the limit’.” I like that every time I’m in the gym working out those words are staring me in the face!
4. My feather trim collar necklace, get the DIY HERE.